Gluten free, vegan
This flavourful dark soup really is the food of the Gods. It is a great little dish for when you fancy something warming but also healthy. Using the combination of vegetables adds a real depth of flavour to the soup.
NOTE: This soup is delicious chilled.
- ½ cup carrot juice (about 5 carrots)
- ½ cup beetroot juice (about 1 large beetroot)
- 1 celery stick, juiced
- 4 inches of cucumber, juiced
- ¼ red pepper (bell pepper), juiced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- ½ tsp barley miso
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tiny sliver of fresh garlic (optional)
- To garnish: cucumber, julienned
- A twist of black pepper and chopped fresh dill, or 2 tsp dried dill
- In a blender, whizz all of the ingredients until smooth
- Julienne the cucumber (cut into fine sticks) and place in a bowl.
- Pour the soup over the cucumber.
- Heat until warm to the touch and serve in a warmed bowl.