Free from caffeine
This Chai Latte is a reassuring drink to make you feel that all will be well. This slightly warmed raw almond milk version, free from caffeine but with all the spices of a Chai, really hits the spot for me.
NOTES: I always feel a little bit more comforted if I warm the mug first, it gives me the feeling of a hot drink and makes it feel even more indulgent.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 Medjool date
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch ground ginger
- A good pinch of ground star anise
- A star anise and a cinnamon stick to stir (optional)
- Warm your mug by filling it with boiling water and leaving it to stand whilst you make the Chai Latte. In a blender, whizz one cup of almond milk with the warm water, the Medjool date and the spices until well mixed.
- Warm the Chai Latte in a saucepan until it is warn but not hot.
- Empty out the water from the mug and fill it with the Chai Latte.
- Substitution: If you are pushed for time, you could use shop bought almond milk. If it has already been sweetened, omit the Medjool date. You can then whisk the spices into the milk and warm water whilst it is in the saucepan.