Dairy free, gluten free, vegan
The crimson tomatoes and the dark green basil give this canapés a gloriously seasonal touch. This also works well with chives, finely chopped celery or fennel instead of basil.
NOTE: You can make these ahead of time and leave these covered until ready.
- Approximately 20 cherry or baby plum tomatoes, depending on size
- 1 ½ cups macadamia nuts, soaked
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped basil
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Blend the macadamia nuts, lemon juice, nutritional yeast and salt until smooth
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chopped basil and cracked black pepper.
- Slice the tomatoes lengthways and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill the tomatoes with the cheese mixture