Dairy free, healthy
I have made many a raw tart and started with developing a classic raw strawberry cream tart a good few years ago now.
I love the lusciousness of this raw cherry tart with a crunchy hazelnut base and creamy coconut filling. Cherries and hazelnuts are a fantastic pairing, don’t you think? It’s unashamed indulgence with the coconut yoghurt. There is no reason why you couldn’t use a bought coconut yoghurt if you are in need of instant gratification and cannot wait for the yoghurt to ferment.
You will need a large food processor or Magimix with the S blade to cope with the base. The tart shells can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer until required.
- PASTRY CRUST
- ½ cup hazelnuts, ground
- ½ cup coconut flour (I use Tiana Coconut Flour )
- ¼ cup oat flour
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 8 Medjool dates
- 1½tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp water or as needed
- YOGHURT CREAM
- 2 cups coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- A pinch salt
- CHERRY TOPPING
- 4 cups frozen sour cherries, thawed
- In a food processor with the S blade, whizz together the hazelnuts, coconut flour, oat flour and Medjool dates until it starts to form fine breadcrumbs and stick together a little.
- Add the maple syrup and coconut oil and as much water as needed for form a dough.
- Press into the bottom of the tart tins lined with cling film and place in the freezer to set.
- In a blender, whizz together the coconut yoghurt with the remaining cream ingredients until well combined. Leave to firm up in the fridge.
- When slightly firm, remove the tart crust from the freezer and fill with the cream and top with the thawed cherries.