Raw, dairy free, nut free, healthy
On a Sunday during the late afternoon when everything is quiet and we are settling down for the week ahead, I can often be found in the kitchen rustling up a little chocolate mousse for teatime. This one tastes creamy and super indulgent yet it’s dairy free and soya free too.
Personally, I love it with fresh raspberries or dolloped over a few slices of banana and topped with hazelnuts. Try adding a teaspoon of ground ginger to the mixture if you would like a ginger chocolate mousse.
NOTE: This keeps for between 2 or 3 days in the fridge if covered.
- 2 ripe avocados, skinned, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder or good quality chocolate powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place the avocados, coconut sugar and melted coconut oil in the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ramekins and place in the refridgerator.
- Leave for 15 mins to set.
- Top with some grated raw chocolate or good quality chocolate to serve.