Easy, vegan frappucino..with no weird stuff
If you like coffee and love ice cream, this cold-brewed coffee frappacino is a scrumptious healthy plant-based alternative.
Smoothies are a fantastic food to take out and about and make a great alternative for a meal on the go. This recipe calls for home-made coconut milk and cold brewed coffee but if you are pushed for time you can easily substitute those for shop bought good quality coconut milk and bought cold brewed coffee instead.
The frozen banana determines the overall texture of the smoothie. Do make sure that your banana is frozen solid as smoothies have a tendency to be a bit ‘gummy’ when made with unfrozen bananas. Plus it also means that it will keep your smoothie nice and chilled.
Don’t be tempted to overblend this smoothie, otherwise it won’t have such a pleasing texture. You are aiming for a texture like a thick ice cream smoothie.
When freezing bananas, remember to peel them first. They can be stored in the freezer chopped into slices, for up to 2 months. They are a great way of storing ripe bananas that are about to move over to the dark side.
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup cold brewed coffee
- 1 ½ cups frozen bananas slices
- ½ teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dusting of cacao powder to serve
1. Using a Blendtec, whizz on smoothie setting but don’t use the full cycle. Alternatively, if you are using another blender, whizz until thick and combined but don’t over blend. You are aiming for a texture like a thick ice cream smoothie.
2. Dust with sieved cacao powder to serve.