A dark and delicious fudge for any occasion.
NOTES: Keep these cut up in the freezer and just remove when you fancy a sweet treat.
- ⅔ cup cashew nuts, dry
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup semi soft Californian prunes
- 1 Medjool date, stone removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- In a food processor, grind the cashew nuts until they resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the cacao powder, prunes, date, vanilla and cinnamon and process until well combined.
- Take care not to over process; you are aiming for a mix that sticks together when pinched which resembles fine breadcrumbs. Turn this into a mixing bowl.
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water. Remove from the heat. Fold the melted coconut oil into the chocolate mix until well combined.
- Place into a silicone mould in the freezer for a couple of hours to set. Cut into cubes.