quick, easy and dairy free - a delicious raw chocolate pudding
This dessert is so named not because of any refined sugars or heavy creams, but after the pomegranate seeds which were the downfall of Persephone. Who could resist such delicious morsels, especially when they adorn such a decadent dessert?
The jewel like pomegranates seeds against the chocolate shavings and orange coconut cream look every bit as decadent as they do regal. They can be mouth-puckeringly sharp but with the sweet orange cream and the rich chocolate mousse, they are the perfect addition.
They look rather luxurious when served in little pots and can be made in advance. It is such a relief to have a beautiful dessert that requires the minimum of fuss when you’re catering.
This recipe is enough for 4 people and after you have made them, just pop some cling film over the top and refrigerate to keep them fresh.
If you are interested in learning how to make more Sweet treats like this, then you might sneak a peak at my online programme Sweet. You can learn to make over 30 delicious desserts from the comfort of your own home, get feedback from me and get a Certificate in Essential Raw Desserts on successful completion of the programme.
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup vanilla cashew nut milk
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- ¾ cup coconut meat
- ¼ cup cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 the seeds of a pomegranate
- 3 – 4 chunks of your favourite raw or dark chocolate bar
- In a blender, whizz together all of the chocolate mousse ingredients until smooth
- Pour into 4 glasses and leave in the refrigerator to set
- When set, blend together the orange cream ingredients and pour into a piping bag or bowl and leave in the refrigerator to set.
- When set, pipe the orange cream onto the chocolate pudding, decorate with chocolate shavings and pomegranate seeds.