(Dairy free, gluten free, vegan, no refined sugar)
It seems that every type of cuisine has its own version of a carrot pudding. Traditional Indian Garjarela, or sweet candied carrot pudding, is made by boiling the carrots with milk and sugar. I think this simple yet delicious dessert gives the traditional version a good run for its money.
NOTES: This is a great way of using the pulp left over carrot from making carrot juice.
- 1 cup carrot pulp
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp raw honey or agave
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pile the mixture into ring moulds to serve.
- Decorate with chopped pistachios.
- For best results, serve at once.