A satiny smooth dairy-free ice cream studded with golden berry fruits. A healthy ice cream that you won’t feel guilty for indulging in.
NOTE: Freezing time: 2-12 hours
- 1 ½ cup cashew nuts, soaked in cold water
- 1 cup fresh golden berry juice
- ¼ cup agave
- ½ cup dried golden berries
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp soya lecithin granules (optional)
- 2 tbsp dried golden berries
- Rinse the cashew nuts under cold running water.
- In blender whizz them with the golden berry juice, agave, golden berries, lemon juice and salt until smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend again. At this point at the lecithin if you're using it and blend again.
- Pour this into a freezer-safe tub and put it in the coldest part of the freezer for two hours or until the ice-cream is firm at the edges. Then, remove it from the freezer and whisk the ice cream with a hand whisk. This breaks down any ice crystals that may have been formed. Return to the freezer-safe container for another two hours.
- After the two hours is up, remove the ice cream from the freezer and whisk again. Then fold in the two tablespoons of golden berries. Return to the freezer until frozen solid. Depending on your freezer, this could take up to 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer about 20 minutes before serving for an easy and delicious soft scoop.
- If you have an ice cream maker: semi freeze the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s instructions until almost frozen but still soft. Then fold in the fruit and leave to firm up in the freezer.