(Dairy free, vegan)
One of the most irresistible ways to eat kale that I know. Creamy, nourishing with the warmth of the curry, this is real good mood food.
NOTES: Try adding raisins instead of goldenberries.
- 1 large head of kale
- 1 tsp olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 2 tbsp golden berries
- 1 spring onion (green onion), finely sliced
- ¼ cucumber, finely diced
- Coronation sauce:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked and rinsed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Massage the kale with olive oil and salt
- Rinse and drain the cashew nuts under cold running water.
- In a blender, whizz all the coronation sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Massage the kale with the coronation sauce, reserving a little of the sauce back in the jug.
- Stir in the apricots, goldenberries, spring onion and cucumber.
- Add a splash of water to the blender to water down the remaining sauce and pour as a dressing over the salad.