(Dairy free, gluten free, vegan)
When there’s a chill in the air, I find myself propelled towards a smooth hot chocolate drink for comfort. Imagine being about to make one that is so rich, thick and creamy that you thought you could be in one of those little cafes in Switzerland. Free from cream, dairy and sugar so it’s a perfect healthy treat.
NOTES: I always feel more comforted if I warm the mug first. It gives the feeling of a hot drink and makes it feel even more indulgent.
- 3 cups almond milk
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 2 - 4 tbsp agave or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 tbsp of ground mesquite
- 1 tsp vanilla
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 4 tbsps grated cacao butter, melted
- Warm the almond milk in a saucepan.
- Add the cacao powder, sweetener, mesquite, vanilla and cinnamon and stir until well combined.
- Alternatively you could whizz all of these ingredients together first in a blender and then warm it in the saucepan.
- Add the melted cacao butter and whisk until frothy.