a delicious quick and easy creamy vegan nut-free dressing
This is a vague recollection of an Eastern Mediterranean dressing that is delicious over a salad of fresh baby leaves with coriander (cilantro) and parsley…za’atar crackers and perhaps a falafel or two. It makes an easy dip and can also be used as a dressing for noodles.
I am suggesting that you use grapeseed oil as it is a neutral flavoured oil, but you could use a more robust olive oil instead.
If you can’t get hold of sesame seeds, try substituting for 2 tablespoons of tahini.
Once made, this can be stored for up to 4 days in a sealed jar in the refrigerator.
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ clove garlic
- ½ tablespoon agave or raw honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- In a blender, whizz all of the ingredients until smooth with enough water to reach the desired consistency (between 4 - 8 tablespoons).
If you would like to go beyond salad dressings to learn how to make a whole range of different raw plant based foods from ice creams to biscotti and delicious mains to elegant fine dining, check out my Weekend Essentials courses or the Raw Chef Programme.