Quick and easy, vegan, dairy-free, sugar-free
Simple and delicious, this lime mousse with strawberries is quick and easy to make and even easier to eat. It’s refreshing and comforting at the same time – and it’s hard to believe that it’s dairy free but it’s avocados that give this mousse it’s unctuousness and silky smooth mouthfeel.
Although avocado is a fat, it’s a good source of monounsaturated fat which can help to promote a healthy cardiovascular system.
Avocados are a good source of vitamin C and E, a great antioxidant which can help the skin to retain moisture and protect it from free radicals that can lead to wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- 2 avocados, peeled and stones removed
- The zest and juice of 3 limes
- ¼ cup agave
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a blender, whizz together the avocados with the lime juice, zest, agave and melted coconut oil.
- Pour into glasses to set.
- When set, top with a sliced strawberry.