Making your own raw oat flour is easy to do, although it is a little time consuming.
Alternatively, you can buy gluten free oat flakes and whizz them in a blender or Vitamix with a dry jug to form a fine flour. They won’t be raw but the flour will perform in the same way in your raw recipes.
- Soak your raw oat groats for 8 hours or overnight in a bowl, covering them with cold water and adding a teaspoon of lemon juice. The oat groats will swell up overnight and absorb the water.
- After soaking, rinse the oat groats well under cold running water.
- Turn the soaked oats onto a teflex dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 115 degree F for 24hours until dry. This should take about 24 hours.
- When dry, whizz them in the blender to form a powder.
- Sieve the powdered oats to collect the ‘flour’ and discard the husks.