Quick and easy dairy free raw chocolate whole nut bars
Sometimes I hanker after something old fashioned like a bar of purple wrapped chocolate with whole nuts inside. Dairy Milk Whole Nut was always my father’s choice.
But what if I don’t want all the sugar and dairy but I want a delicious chocolate bar that I can really sink my teeth into?
This nuts about chocolate bar hits the spot and is an easy raw version of an old classic. It will make between 8 -12 bars, depending on the size of the mould and how thickly you pour the chocolate.
If you are interested in learning how to make more sweet treats like this at home, then you might sneak a peak at my online programme Sweet. You can learn to make over 30 delicious desserts from the comfort of your own home, plus all the basics such as making flours and understanding sugars – and get feedback from me and get a Certificate in Essential Raw Desserts on successful completion of the programme.
- ½ cup melted cacao butter
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp mesquite (Peruvian carob)
- 1 tbsp agave
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup nuts (whole almonds, cashews or hazelnuts)
- Melt grated cacao butter in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water until it yields ½ cup of melted cacao butter. You will need roughly 2⅔ cups of chopped/grated cacao butter to yield ½ cup of melted cacao butter.
- Sift the cacao powder and mesquite. This will prevent clumps forming in your chocolate and get a better result.
- Stir in ½ cup of the sifted cacao powder and mesquite (Peruvian carob), cinnamon, vanilla, agave and salt.
- Mix until it is smooth and thick, taking care not to over heat.
- Distribute them into silicone moulds. Add a scattering of whole nuts to each bar.
- Leave to set in the fridge or freezer. When set turn out of the moulds.