(Dairy free, gluten free, vegan)
Sometimes I feel like eating a very plain salad of grated carrots, oranges and coriander. However, I like a little interest in the dressing. This is very warming dressing for your salads, however it is also delicious over a mix of leaves such as crisp romaine, bitter radicchio and baby spinach. You could also serve it over some lightly steamed veggies or a baked sweet potato for a more substantial meal.
NOTE: This will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar or
- apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Add sweetener such as agave to taste if required
- Combine all of the ingredients except the olive oil and salt in the jam jar and shake.
- Leave to stand for the flavours to combine for a couple of minutes. Then add the olive oil and shake again until the dressing has emulsified. Season to taste and add a little sweetener if desired.