dairy free creamy orange posset
This recipe was inspired by a lemon posset I used to make. This is rich, creamy and full of the refreshing festive ﬂavours of oranges but without the dairy. This posset is meant to be soft-set.
It is worth the time making the creamy coconut milk for it. However, if you are short on time, there is no shame in using creamy coconut milk from a tin.
3 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
1/2 cup (125ml) creamy coconut milk
1 cup (250ml) orange juice (about 4 oranges, juiced)
1 1/2 cups (375g) coconut meat
1 tablespoon orange zest (the zest of about 2 oranges)
1 teaspoon turmeric juice (or ½ teaspoon ground turmeric)
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon lecithin
1/2 cup (125ml) melted coconut oil
A pinch of ground nutmeg
1. Soak the Medjool dates until they are extremely soft and pulpy (up to 4-6 hours).
2. In a blender, whizz the dates with all the ingredients except the melted coconut oil and ground nutmeg until smooth.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and blend again.
4. Pour into 4 glasses and top with a pinch of ground nutmeg.
5. Leave to ﬁrm up in the fridge for 2 hours.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
This can be kept up to 2-3 days, covered, in your refrigerator.