Raw, vegan and sugar free
Sometimes I just yearn for a little bit of something sweet but haven’t got a great deal of time. These hazelnut butter truffles have all the flavour and yumminess of a decadent treat and are super quick and easy to make. The hazelnut butter gives it a silky smooth finish. I use raw hazelnut butter but you could use regular hazelnut butter or any other nut butter instead.
These are easy to whizz up in a food processor and can be stored in the freezer until you are ready to eat them – just remove them one by one, one decadent mouthful at a time.
Tip: If you find that your mixture becomes more crumb-like, try adding 1 tablespoon of water to bring the mixture together.
- ½ cup cashew nuts, dry
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or good quality cocoa/chocolate powder
- 1 tbsp raw hazelnut butter (or regular hazelnut butter)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Cacao powder or chocolate powder for dusting
- 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts for rolling (optional)
- Place the cashew nuts into the food processor and pulse until ground into a powder. Add the cacao powder (or chocolate powder) to the food processor and mix until combined and it resembles chocolate breadcrumbs.
- Add the pitted dates, hazelnut butter and salt process until thoroughly combined. The mix should resemble a dough.
- Sieve the cacao powder for dusting onto a plate.
- If using, spread the chopped hazelnuts onto a plate.
- Take a piece of the dough and roll it into a ball in the palm of your hand. Then roll it into the dusting powder or the chopped hazelnuts. Repeat until you have used all of the mixture.