Dairy Free, Raw, Gluten Free and Vegan
Comforting, luxurious and lusciously perfect, what could be more mouth-watering than a crimson coloured beauty with crunchy hazelnuts, creamy smooth vanilla and juicy raspberries?
Notes: Hazelnut milk can be made in the same way as almond milk.
½ cup (70g) hazelnuts, dry
½ cup (75g) coconut ﬂour
4 tablespoon oat ﬂour
4 tablespoon date paste
1½ tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 ½ cups (200g) cashews, soaked
½ cup (125ml) hazelnut milk
½ cup (125ml) maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup (250ml) melted coconut oil
2 cups raspberries
1 tablespoon agave
1. In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they resemble ﬁne breadcrumbs. Add the coconut ﬂour, oat ﬂour, date paste and maple syrup and mix until well-combined.
2. Add the coconut oil and enough water to form a sticky crust. Press the crust into the bottom of a tart tin lined with cling ﬁlm and place in the freezer until ﬁrm.
3. Rinse the soaked cashews under cold running water.
4. In a blender, whizz the soaked cashews, hazelnut milk, and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Add the melted coconut oil and blend again.
5. Pour the vanilla custard on top of the tart base and place in the freezer until set.
6. Once set, remove the cling ﬁlm and make the raspberry topping: In a blender, whizz all of the ingredients until smooth. Pour the raspberries over the torte and you can either eat this now or leave it in the fridge to ﬁrm up a little.
Photography: Dawn Langley