I cannot promise that this is an authentic Thai soup, this is more Thai in inspiration and flavours than culinary process. However, it is deliciously warming and hits the spot when you really want to take the chill off but don’t want to ‘cook’.
NOTES: Test the strength of the chili first, the hotter the chilli, the less you will need.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 ½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, dried
- 1 inch of lemon grass, or ½ tsp lemon grass powder
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 – 2 tsp agave to taste
- 1 whole green chilli including seeds
- 1 good pinch of salt (to taste)
- In a blender whizz the soup ingredients until smooth.
- Warm in a saucepan.