(Dairy free, gluten free, vegan)
A lovely dessert or teatime cheesecake, simply favoured with vanilla.
NOTES: Setting Time: 2-8 hours. The setting time is greatly reduced if you chill this in the freezer.
- For the Cheesecake Topping:
- 1½ cups cashew nuts, soaked
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup agave
- 2 tbsp good quality vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup melted cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon lecithin granules (optional)
- For the base:
- 2 cups pecans, dry
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 Medjool dates, stones removed and chopped
- For dusting:
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- In a food processor, whizz the pecans, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and cinnamon until it resembles ﬁne breadcrumbs.
- Finally pulse in the Medjool dates with 2 tbsp water until the mixture starts to hold together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch spring form cake tin lined with baking parchment. Chill until ﬁrm.
- Rinse the soaked cashews well under cold running water.
- In a blender whizz all the topping ingredients until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake base and chill under ﬁrm.
- Dust with cacao powder to serve